Friday, July 3, 2009

Updates

Troy's rash has turned the corner.  It is actually looking better after 3 antibiotic shots and about 3000 mg of oral antibiotics.  Yay!!!!!  The high doses though has messed up his appetite and gives him some flu like symptoms.  We were warned about it.
We went to the Ward camp out and had fun.  We had Brianna and her friend watch 5 kids while the 3 sets of parents went to lunch.  I think the conversation we had was better than lunch.  It was a bit pricey.  It rained part of the time but not to bad.  Vance decided to copy the big boys and got into the mud puddle located in the middle of the campsite (check Collette's blog for a picture).  I was okay with it but after we had to clean him up and it smelled like he rolled in cow manure.  Ugh!!!!  Gross!!!!!  Thank heaven kids are washable.  Dad wasn't to happy with it.  We didn't have our camera but we did have the video camera.  On Saturday while everyone was packing up to go our friend Shane came up with his boat and took us boating for a few hours.  It was a blast.  I got sunburned.  Not to badly though.
Vance also learned how to ride a bike without training wheels this week.  I guess it's the summer for all the neighborhood kids to learn that.  Vance saw Tyson riding his bike and decided that he wanted to try.  He was determined to push start it himself and couldn't quite get it.  Sam pushed him off and off he went.  I got a picture on my cell phone but no way to download it.  Sorry!  That was the end of the lesson and he didn't give it a try again for almost a week when Tyson gave Vance his little bike.  In a matter of minutes he was off and riding.  No help needed.  That was the easiest child to teach how to ride a bike since I didn't have to do anything other than sit back and watch.  What a determined child.  I just love him so much.
Troy, Sarah and Vance have gone to Scofield with the Pitts.  I will join them with Jacob late tonight.  This week is EFY and Jake and Liz are there.  On the first day Jake found out that his hair didn't meet the For Strength of Youth standards.  I guess I should have read it before I sent him.  He had to get his hair cut or leave.  Liz called and told me about it saying that they had someone there who could cut hair.  I asked to talk to Jake and he told me he didn't want to cut his hair and I told him it would grow back.  He insisted.  So I told him I wouldn't force him to do it and to come home.  I was pretty mad and frustrated at that point because I knew that the Stake paid for it and they couldn't get their money back.  After a few minutes I thought that maybe I should go pick him up so I text Liz and asked her if he needed a ride.  She text me back saying that Jake had decided to cut his hair.  I am so proud of him! Of course it's not as short as I want it to be but it barely fits into the standard.  Baby steps, right?  I can't wait for long hair to go out of style again.  I didn't like the 70's style the first time around.  Back to the story of going to Scofield, our kids get to ride on a float and throw candy.  So Cool!!
Some may be wondering what happened to Greg during the Ward camp out.  He got caught by the police with his friends at my house drinking alcohol.  He and his friends all received tickets and Troy showed up and had a good talk with all of the boys.  Hopefully this won't happen again.  I think I have updated everything.  Have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment