Friday, May 29, 2009

     I have finally beat the internet conflict and am able to make a new post about our weekend with the Pitts.  Let me fill you in on a few before facts.  First Troy had decided we were going with some old friends to Strawberry Reservoir for Memorial weekend.  I balked at the idea because I had my sisters two kids on Saturday and Sunday and did not like the idea of trying to keep track of the 2 yr old in all the tall grasses out there, plus the standards of our friends are far from ours and I can only handle it in small doses.  It depresses me to see what they are doing to themselves and their family.  I decided I would just stay home and planned a girls sleep over with Samantha.  I was so excited.  Then some plans changed and she and her family decided to go camping at Cherry Hill.  I was so bummed, I cried.  My husband finally took pity on me and decided not to go to Strawberry and to stay with me and do some day trips.  I told Sam that we decided to meet them at Cherry Hill on Saturday and they were kind enough to invite us to camp with them on their site.  We made all the arrangements and packed up and left on Friday.  Troy had to do a side job on the way so he was going to meet us up there when he was done.  The Pitts and I were at Cherry Hill only about an hour when I got a call from Troy.  Let me back track once more briefly.  Thursday Troy and I went window shopping for trailers and found one we liked but knew we wouldn't be able to get one because we are considered high risk since we own our own business.  Well when Troy called he told me that we were proud owners of the tent trailer hybrid that we liked so much.  I was in shock.  I know we're completely nuts, but we have all the excuses ready as to why we should buy it.  Any way, I needed to go back to Salt Lake to sign the papers so we could use the trailer that weekend.  I really have no regrets doing this and we completely enjoyed camping with a trailer especially since we had 2 extra children with us and it helped corral them at bedtime.  
      We went swimming on Saturday and my nephew xander fell asleep sitting up on the tube in the lazy river.  It was so cute!  I took him out of the river and onto a lounge chair life jacket and all and laid him down and covered him with towels to keep him warm.  It was a breezy day.  My admission paid for me to sit there and watch my nephew sleep.  A rather pricey nap, I'd say.  
     We packed up and left Sunday and it only took an hour to do it!  So much nicer than the 3 hours we're used to.  It started to rain and continued most of the day much to Troys chagrin.  He wanted to go camp out at 5 mile and go 4 wheeling.  The weather cleared for about an hour and Troy was on top of it and had everything ready to go.  We left again and headed out to 5 mile just as it started to rain.  We ended up on the Pony Express route where there is very little rain and sure enough it was pretty dry.  We set up camp and got to enjoy a fire and marshmallows till about midnight and went to bed.  The next morning Troy called his sister and her and her children and Troys mom met us at 5 mile to go 4 wheeling.  All and all we packed up the trailer 4 times during the weekend and it was a breeze.  We could never have done everything if we had tented it.  It was a nice weekend.  I enjoyed it especially Sunday and Monday because I didn't have my nephews.
I just want to say thanks to Sam and Jason for allowing us to encroach upon their family time and adding a lot more noise and confusion than they are used to.  Sorry for the wake up call on Sunday.  Jason, thanks for the good time putting up the awning.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so glad we have you for friends and I can't wait for the next outing.


No comments:

Post a Comment