Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Most of us have had times were you don't feel very in tuned with the spirit.  I'm in that place.  It usually follows a spiritual high.  I sometimes wish that the high lasted forever and then I realize that if I don't have the low moments then I wouldn't appreciate or even realize I had the high moment.  Life has that circle in everything, health, finances, weather, friendships or other relationships.  It used to depress me when I couldn't be perfect all the time.  I even gave up all together on everything spiritual because I couldn't be perfect all the time.  I am so grateful for patient and righteous parents who set the right example to me and encouraged me and had faith in me even when I didn't have it in my self.  I am so grateful for the gospel in my life.  I used to think it was hard (sometimes still do) but find it easier than I ever thought possible and a lot more peaceful.  I joke sometimes about liking the boring life.  My life is really not that boring, just more peaceful.  I used to think I was having fun doing wicked things but I was confused, depressed  and deceived.  It's amazing how much better our vision is once you clean out the cobwebs of sin.  I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ our Savior and the ability to confess sins and to be forgiven for them.  Back to the highs and lows, you never really realize how low you are until something comes your way and shows you the spirit again.  Conference was great but I still didn't get the full feel of the spirit until tonight just watching a video of a skit.  No words just some music.  It was poignant in how it depicted our relationship with Christ and how the world and all the temptations out there distract us from Him and all that is good and right in this world.  I want to get back that spiritual high feeling again.  I miss it.  Maybe this is the step to get me back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment