Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Vance!

The long awaited story of Vance finally come.  After Sarah was born I had a feeling we were supposed to have another baby and nothing happened.  So I decided I had been mistaken about the feeling and got a job as a lunch lady at Bennion Jr. High.  Not a glorifying job, but not many jobs keep school hours and I wanted to be home for the kids and I relished my time with Troy and so I refused night jobs.  About a month into the job I realized something was up and discovered I was expecting.  I was excited and bewildered as to why at the timing of it.  I told Troy and he dropped to his knees and cried (not for joy either).  He was crushed.  He felt like he was to old.  Well another month goes by and I start having horrible abdominal pain and went to the doctor who put me on bed rest.  So much for my job.  As it turns out Vance has always lived up to his name even then.  Vance means "thrasher" or "to thrash", separating the wheat from the tares so to speak.  We didn't know that when we decided on the name.  He was actually named after Troy's grandfather.  Vance was stubborn and liked to lay sideways inside me which ended up okay since I had placenta previa and he was going to have to come by way of C-section.  First time for me.  Then I developed diabetes and had to give myself insulin shots and what chore for some one like me who passed out at the sight of a needle (slight exaggeration).  I felt the spirit so strong around me lifting my up during that time.  I felt as if angels surrounded me.  I figured with all these firsts for me during this pregnancy that I would carry it a little further and not give Vance a middle name.  With most of my other babies I had an epidural and didn't have much problems.  Well it's a little different with a C-section and Vance.  They had a difficult time getting the needle in my back and I started to pass out.  They finally did it and the surgery began, well the drugs began working to well and I couldn't breathe because my chest muscles started becoming paralyzed by it.  They corrected the problem and Vance arrived kicking and screaming.  It took me 6 hours of oxygen to recover from the drugs.  Every time they tried to take away the oxygen my blood pressure would plummet.  Vance is also the first child not to breast feed because he was to impatient.  He also wanted to be propped up in the exersaucer when he was 1 month old.  He would only let Liz and I take care of him.  I am happy to report that his temperament is finally starting to get better and more fun.  I now know why the Lord chose his timing.  I needed everyones help to raise Vance.  As for order, one Vance would be a very good birth control if you could bottle it.  I love him so much and am grateful for him.  I have grown so much and am now more patient because of him.  I wouldn't trade him for the world.  All that energy he has just needs to be focussed in the right direction.  Nothing beats a hug from Vance, they're always giant bear hugs.  After all wouldn't the world be boring if we didn't have Vance's in it?  I love you Vance and Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Vance is such a cutie! I really enjoyed him in primary. It's fun to read more about him.

    ReplyDelete