Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Be-lated Birthday Sarah!

I feel so bad that I forgot to blog her birthday.  She weight 9 lbs 13 oz.  Sarah has the distinguished honor of being our only child who has never been in the hospital.  Other than to visit someone else.  Troy and I have never had insurance with his jobs and have relied on state medical insurance for the birth of 4 children.  In Sarah's case we earned to much by $30 a year.  Talk about frustrating.  She was our most expensive baby.  We paid a midwife $600. for all the prenatal and delivery.  The midwife was a polygamist woman and her husband was a doctor and about 30 years or more older than her.  It was very interesting.  Sarah was born in our West Valley home on May 27th  exactly 6 years to the day of Troy and I meeting for the first time.  It was probably the easiest pregnancy and delivery out of all my children except Greg.  It's a toss up on which was easier.  My parents showed up with my sisters and were going to pick up my kids and take them to their house when the midwife told them not to leave because the baby would be there in a matter of minutes.  My labor and delivery was a whole hour long.  I just had enough time to sanitize the sheets and get the bed made before she came.  My mom watched stunned as I practically ran around the house trying to get everything ready stopping only as a contraction would hit.  It's amazing how the brain can ignore a lot of pain by focusing on something else.  I never understood visualization until then.  I just learned how to control it during exercise.   Kind of cool, I think.  Anyway, she was a great baby and was happy most of the time.  She has always loved school and books.  I hope she continues that as she gets older and life gets tougher.  I love you Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment