Thursday, April 2, 2009

Friends old and new

I'm not a professional writer but was encouraged by my friend to start blogging.  Hopefully it won't be as boring to read as I fear it might be.  I am so grateful for my friends, they have a tendency to make you stretch and grow in ways you don't feel comfortable with.  Sam is a new friend and I have so enjoyed her.  She is fun and funny.  She helps me to come out of my shell a little.  I wish I could be as expressive as her.  Her enthusiasm is contagious, even if I don't always show it.  
Last November my husband and I went to New York with Sam and her husband Jason and we had so much fun laughing, playing cards, swimming and sight seeing.  We all forgot that we were well out of our teenage years.  Now I know what it's like to take a mental vacation as well as a physical one.  It was absolutely freeing.
I just got in contact with an old friend from high school and even though all my memories aren't good, they definitely changed me.  A person can not become who they are with out the good and the bad and so I am grateful for everyone who has touched my life.  I am excited to get to know my old friend all over again now that we're both adults and have grown up.  Ginger and I had fun getting into trouble and hanging out and just helping each other get through those difficult times when you feel like everyone is staring at you because you have grown a third head or something.  She was there when I had my first serious boyfriend and we even shared an apartment for a short while.  Thanks again to all my friends, old and new.  I hope to reconnect with some more old friends.  Some whom I miss terribly. 

1 comment:

  1. Diane, You're so sweet! I have enjoyed your friendship and all the fun times we have together. Shopping, shopping and more shopping......more shopping. Lol I wear cuter clothes because of you. I have also turned into a high heel diva. Thanks! Love you, Sam

    ReplyDelete