Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Working the soil

There is nothing so soothing as working the soil and preparing it for planting.  It brings you so close to the Lord.  So many things in life can be likened to working the soil such as, missionary work, fasting, obeying the commandments, etc.  We are able to give life and beauty to this world.  I get so antsy to start planting.  Some plants can be planted now but most need to wait because we still have threat of frost.  I plan on spending today working on the soil to prepare it for planting.  The soil is still soft from rain and snow but no longer frozen.  I'm going to attempt to move a sprinkler head and repair another.  My first attempt.  I'm a little nervous about it.   I will also be trimming and pruning grapes and trees.  The sun and Son make me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment