Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mile stones

Everyone has milestones as they go through life.  Yesterday was a big one for my extended family.  It was Greg's birthday but this doesn't have anything to do with it.  My sister- in- law went through her closet and packed all of my brothers clothes.  She then took it to my moms house and had each of the siblings go through it to see if there was anything that anyone wanted.  This was very difficult for Teresa and my mom.  We all knew it was time to move on but it is always sad and difficult to let go of the things that we feel attaches us to someone and their memory.  The time has come to finish the healing process.  We will all still miss Brian and will continue to remember him and honor his memory.  Brian would be happy about this.  He was very adamant that Teresa not mourn to long and move on and get remarried.  Hopefully she will, for her sake as well as her children.  
     On another note.  Our family is now preparing for my other brother, Mark, to get married.  Which is scheduled for June 20, 2009.  It looks like it will be a busy summer this year.  Congratulations Mark!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that is so difficult. I hope you and your family are doing okay with such a hard thing. And on a happier note, June 20th is the best day to get married! (that's mine and Andy's anniversery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been painful but necessary....glad she could get to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa will see Brian again! He's probably waiting impatiently to see her too! I have much empathy for her. Hopefully I won't have to go thru all she has been through any time soon. She's a fighter!

    ReplyDelete