Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Greg

Greg's birthday is Wed. April 29th.  He will be 19 yrs. old.  Where has time gone?  Greg weighed 10 lbs. 1 oz.  and 19 in. long when he was born.  He was the easiest pregnancy and birth out of all my children.  My husband at the time was at boot camp and was unable to be there.  I called my parents and told them that I was in labor.  They only lived 5 min. away from me but had to get dressed since it was 3 in the morning.  By the time they got there, I was outside waiting and pacing back and forth with a grin on my face.  My mom asked if I was sure I was in labor and I said yes.  I guess it's not normal for a woman in labor to have a grin on their face.  I was just so excited that it totally over road all the pain.  Scientific proof of mind over matter.  LOL! My labor and delivery was 3 hours. I was dilated to an 8 when we got to the hospital. The pain finally kicked in and it raised my blood pressure so the nurses had me get an epidural and it stopped my labor.  Go to find out it wasn't just the epidural, my body always takes a break at an 8.  Go figure!  Greg was born blue from lack of oxygen.  He pinked up quick and had no problems other than they couldn't get the new born T-shirts to fit his shoulders and arms.
    Greg was always a happy baby and a tease.  All the nurses were totally taken with him through his whole toddler years.  Greg has a charisma that I don't understand.  He failed Jr. High and High school, yet all his teachers thought he was one of the greatest kids in class.  I guess I'm not the only sponge when it comes to Greg.  He has me wrapped around his little finger.  
     He is so lovable and talented.  I am so glad he is my son.  I am proud of him.  Happy Birthday Greg.  I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 10 lbs. 1 oz.!! You have giant size babies like me :) Happy Birthday Greg!

    ReplyDelete