Wednesday, April 15, 2009

There has been much outrage because I have been home from camping for 3 days and still have not blogged.  Hopefully this will be worth the wait.  Camping was fun.  We got to Vernon Creek Reservoir around noon on Friday and enjoyed the sunshine even if it was in the mid 50's.  By ten o'clock almost all our friends were stone cold drunk and amused us with jokes and stories from the past.  Saturday the weather changed to rain by 3:00 p.m. and continued off and on the rest of the night.  Vance being as active as he is, we knew would be impossible in the tent all day so I talked Troy into taking the family mudding in the truck.  We had a blast!  We almost got stuck, at which point we decided to head back to camp.  As a joke I asked Troy to stop and get a dead pine tree and chain it behind the truck and drag it to cover our tracks and to announce Christmas at camp.  I was probably the only one who thought it was humorous.  Sunday turned out beautiful and we were the last ones to break camp and enjoyed a few hours of peace and quiet with just the family.  We saw over 8 deer out there and several hawks.  It was awesome!  Now we just have to talk the Pitts into going out with us.  Hint! Hint!  
Monday we celebrated out family anniversary and went to Iggy's for dinner and then watched The Tale of Desperoux.  Dinner was great the movie not so great.  Let me tell you about our tradition of the family anniversary.  Troy and I were married in November but were sealed to each other and the children April 16th.  We  decided that since we were sealed as a family that we would celebrate as a family each year.  We always go to dinner and an activity as well as dessert.  Since we went camping this weekend we were on a budget for the anniversary and we celebrated early because Liz had to work on the 16th.  It is a wonderful tradition.  I hope to carry it on for many years to come.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun. Maybe we can go up to soap stone or the Spruces this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous...I want to go!!! WAAAHHHH. J/K. Sounds like fun. I didn't see you in church today....were you there or am I blind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there. We had to sit in the middle seats.

    ReplyDelete