Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Friday and I haven't seen Greg in 2 day and his birthday party is on Sunday.  I hope he shows up.  I had him out doing yard work for me a couple of days ago and I think I scared him off because he knows there's more to do.  Sigh!  I wish I knew what to do and how to communicate with him.  Sometimes I think I know what he's feeling and then the rest of the time it's like we speak two different languages.  Being a parent is difficult.  When they're babies you have to wake up all the time at night and change diapers, feed them, bathe them and just love them.  When they get older you don't have as many physical things that you have to do for them but you do still have to love them which I don't mind doing.  For some reason it's harder though.  You have to watch them make their own decisions and mistakes and it's heart wrenching.  
  In my mind it's kind of like the pioneers.  They were the babies.  Almost everything was physical needs.  Our time is like teenagers, it's almost all based on Faith.  We blindly walk into the dark waiting for the light to come.  It's scary.  Just think, Greg is my oldest and I have 5 more to get through.  I hope my heart is strong enough.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same. Being a parent is so hard and yet I can't imagine NOT being one. I hope he showed up for his party!

    ReplyDelete